Professionals that hold eligible certifications or licenses are able to transfer their credentials between jurisdictions that use IC&RC products.
Boards may offer reciprocity to certified or licensed professionals in other jurisdictions and have the authority to set reciprocity requirements for entry to their jurisdiction. Not all certifications and licenses are eligible for reciprocity. It is vitally important that certified professionals investigate reciprocity prior to relocating to another jurisdiction, because it can be a very complicated process. It is recommended to reciprocate at least three months prior to a credential's expiration.
- Professional contacts the IC&RC Member Board in the jurisdiction to which s/he wants to relocate to learn about the requirements to reciprocate credential.
- Professional contacts current IC&RC Member Board for Reciprocity Application.
- Professional completes the application and returns it to current board with the appropriate fee.
- Current board verifies application and sends it to IC&RC.
- IC&RC approves the application, notifies the professional, and sends it to board in new location.
- New board contacts professional when the process is completed.
Frequently Asked Questions