IC&RC is pleased to announce the completion of its updated Advanced Alcohol and Drug Counselor (AADC)
Job Analysis (JA).
A JA is the methodical process of determining what elements of practice and knowledge are important to assess as part of a certification examination and serves as the blueprint for the examination.
The updated Advanced Alcohol and Drug Counselor Job Analysis will be used to develop a new examination to be administered by all IC&RC Member Boards.
The first administration date for the updated examination will be Monday, May 11, 2015. All candidates taking the AADC examination on or after May 11th will be taking the updated examination.
Changes to the examination include
- Emphasis on identifying, diagnosing, and/or treating co-occurring substance use, mental health, and physical health disorders
- Deletion of the Clinical Supervision and Research Design, Analysis & Utilization domains
- Combining the remaining eight domains into four essential domains
- Inclusion of DSM-5 diagnostic criteria
- Providing services in a trauma-informed manner
- Utilizing technological advances is service delivery
- Utilizing various treatment modalities including but not limited to Medication Assisted Treatment
The full exam content outline, updated reference list, and recommended study guides can be found here