IC&RC develops and administers examinations for eight reciprocal credentials:
- Alcohol & Drug Counselor (ADC)
- Advanced Alcohol & Drug Counselor (AADC)
- Clinical Supervisor (CS)
- Prevention Specialist (PS)
- Certified Criminal Justice Addictions Professional (CCJP)
- Certified Co-Occurring Disorders Professional (CCDP)
- Certified Co-Occurring Disorders Professional Diplomate (CCDPD)
- Peer Recovery (PR)
In addition, IC&RC administers the examination for the Department of Transportation's Substance Abuse Professional (SAP), developed by the Professional Training Center, Inc.
Each IC&RC Member Board offers examinations for only the credentials they carry, and exams can only be scheduled through your local board as a part of the credentialing process. Each board chooses whether to offer Computer Based Testing (CBT) or Paper & Pencil Exams and whether to administer exams during set periods or on demand.
Professionals interested in taking an IC&RC examination must contact the IC&RC Member Board that has jurisdiction over the area where they live or work. Contact information for each IC&RC member board can be found on our Find A Board page.
There are a number of resources available to help candidate’s prepare for their IC&RC examination. Please visit our Exam Preparation page for more information.